We all love the Christmas tradition of leaving cookies and milk for Santa. But, we can’t forget about Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen and of course, the most famous reindeer of all – Rudolph! Santa’s reindeer also need a sweet treat to keep them going through all their hard work on Christmas Eve. How about some Magic Reindeer Food?
Magic Reindeer Food is a festive idea for a Christmas tradition that your kids will love just as much as leaving cookies and milk for Santa. And it’s super easy and fun to make! So, read on to see the simple instructions for this kid-approved Christmas reindeer treat.
Step 1 – INGREDIENTS:
- Uncooked rolled oats
- Red, green and white sprinkles
- Festive Christmas candy (variety of small candies)
NOTE: Since our Magic Reindeer Food recipe has animal safe ingredients squirrels and birds will help clean up any remnants that the reindeer don’t finish.
Step 2 – MAKING THE MAGIC REINDEER FOOD:
- Gather the above ingredients
- In a medium bowl mix together the rolled oats, sprinkles and candy until evenly mixed
- Transfer candy oats into pretty glass jars (you can also use cellophane treat bags)
- Tie each jar with a festive ribbon and attach a DIY tag with our adorable Magic Reindeer Food Sticker
TIP: Reindeer food makes a fun holiday/hostess gift for friends and neighbors or a festive goodie for your annual cookie exchange.
A Christmas Tradition Your Kids Will Love!
Reindeer food is great for guiding Santa’s reindeer on Christmas Eve. Once it’s complete kids can sprinkle the mix of oats and candy in their yard. The festive colors will lead the way for Santa and his sleigh. And the reindeer will have the perfect energizing treat to keep their hard work going all through the night. Magic Reindeer Food is a tradition that will definitely add joy and wonder to children on the night before Christmas.